Sunday, September 10, 2017

Updates

The peach harvest is over. I picked 196 peaches from the mama tree, and 4 from the young peach, a total of 200 peaches weighing Kg. 18.571. Not bad!!
The heirloom tomatoes are ripening. Yesterday I picked the first two, and promptly turned them into sauce for my spaghetti, which turned out delicious. I added basil and sweet onions. These two babies came in at 880 grams, two pounds, roughly! The larger weighs 481 grams. Many more will follow, and the little tomatoes are also ripening.
Today I picked the first lemon cuke, a 66g specimen that I will enjoy at lunch. I also picked some of the pole beans, but I must say, I am not fond of their shapes. Here are both items:
The zucchini have been coming, 11 so far (Kg 2.435), with many more to come. The squash have taken over the vegetable penitentiary, and are coming in all shapes and colors. I will study the situation to see if I can figure out what sort of cross-breeding is going on.
Next in line are the apples, and tree is so loaded that the longer outer branches rest on the ground. Lots of fruit, apple sauce, apple butter ...

No comments: