Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Tomatoes but then trees

The heirloom tomatoes are ripening, and so are the small tomatoes. I don't know if these are the Campari tomatoes (from seeds I saved from tomatoes bought at Sprouts), or the small tomatoes I had enjoyed last year, or both, or which is which. This follows from my not impeccable labeling, but, heck, the plants are producing.
I have an interesting visitor to the greenhouse, and I do not know what it is. It has brand new florets, and the stalks look edible and juicy. I won't try it until I know what it is:
The tomato vines in the greenhouse have reached the ceiling:
and are full of fruit. So, vegetable life is good.
Now I have to start thinking about my apricot and plum trees. As in the past few years, they both flowered beautifully, only to drop the flowers and develop shriveled and curled leaves. Eventually there is some new leaf growth, and this is healthy. First the apricot, then the plum:

I will prune both trees, then treat them with my spray oil, fertilize them, and keep an eye on them.

No comments: