Sunday, August 3, 2014

Vegetable penitentiary.
There is a reason! Look at the picture of mediocre quality, but of telling content:

Yes, a full-grown deer peacefully resting by the yurt. Now I could claim it was he who ate the 3 zucchini we have already harvested, so "me" wouldn't be as disappointed as s/he might be. Fortunately the three zucchini plants I have are intruders in the herb garden, close to the patio. This, presumably, deterred the deer. Oh, eventually he got up and most gracefully jumped over the fence and slowly disappeared. Nothing like the traumatized dog we had for a couple of days a while back. Poor thing.

Gotta run.

1 comment:

PCLCeditor said...

As a self-described photo-fumbler, I have to defend the "mediocre" quality of the deer shot nonetheless. I had to zoom in to get a good look at his contented face. All appearances to the contrary, he is a wild animal and I wasn't willing to get kicked in the head for getting too close. I haven't seen him since so he must have found someone else's garden to munch.