Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Winter Fun.
It's the middle of the first week of 2017, and I was able to harvest some spinach and a beautiful, long, red pepper. I don't know what kind, but the plant it grew on is the plant I had in my greenhouse last summer, and that produced abundant sweet peppers. Small, very slender, and sweet. At the end of fall I moved the pot into my shop, in front of the south-facing window, and the plant kept producing.
I got the spinach from the window garden, which I have kept by turns covered and uncovered. The spinach grew from the seeds that the spring plant had shed. In summer I grew green beans there, but I knew that when fall came I would have some fresh spinach.
So in spite of what I don't think has been a good fall and early winter, life pushes through wherever it can. Cheers!

No comments: